Ingredients (serves 6)
2 cardamom pods
3 tablespoons coriander seeds
3 tablespoons cumin seeds
3 tablespoons fennel seeds
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 boneless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each), with skin
2 tablespoons DHCNúñez de Prado Extra
Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 English cucumber, unpeeled and grated
1 1/4 cups plain yogurt
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Lemon wedges (garnish)
1. Place cardamom, coriander, cumin, fennel, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black
pepper into an electric spice grinder or coffee grinder; pulse until finely ground.
Reserve 1 teaspoon of spice mixture
2. Place remaining spice mixture on a plate. Brush chicken breasts evenly with 1
tablespoon olive oil. Press chicken breasts into spice mixture, coating each side.
3. To make raita, place grated cucumber on several layers of paper towels, top with
additonal paper towels, and pat well to remove excess water. In a bowl, stir together
cucumber, yogurt, lemon zest, garlic, cayenne, and reserved teaspoon of spice mixture.
Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Warm remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium–high
heat. Add chicken breasts, skin side down, and cook in a single layer until skin
is golden, about 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; turn breasts, season with salt
and pepper, and cook until done, approzimately 4–5 additonal minutes.
5. Place a chicken breast on each plate, add a dollop of raita, and garnish with
lemon wedges. Serve immediately.