Sausage, Potato & Squash One Pot Sauté
featuring DHC Núñez de Prado Extra Virgin Olive Oil
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 1 tablespoons DHC Núñez de Prado Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 pound kielbasa or artisan sausages, about 4
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups Yukon gold or red potatoes, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups butternut, acorn or other winter squash, peeled, seeded and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a heavy pan or casserole dish. Brown sausages in the oil, then remove and set aside.
Heat remaining oil and add the onion. Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes until the onion begins to soften. Add potatoes and cook for 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the squash, red bell pepper, thyme and fennel seeds. Season with salt and pepper before adding the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Slice sausages into thirds. Add to the vegetables and cook until sausages are hot and the vegetables are tender, about 5 more minutes.
Browse all of our classic DHC recipes