Spinach salad with roasted rosemary, sweet potato & butternut squash
featuring DHC Núñez de Prado Extra Virgin Olive Oil
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 4 cups sweet potato and butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Núñez de Prado Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed with stems removed (or one 9-ounce package of frozen spinach)
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked until crisp, drained, then cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Dressing: In a bowl, whisk together the cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. When the sugar has dissolved, whisk in the olive oil and set aside.
Preheat oven to 500°.
In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato and butternut squash cubes, rosemary, olive oil, salt, and pepper until all cubes are coated. Spread the mixture evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
Toss the spinach with some of the dressing and place in a serving bowl.
Toss the warm sweet potato and butternut squash cubes, bacon, and red onion with some of the dressing and arrange over the spinach. Serve the extra dressing on the side.
Browse all of our classic DHC recipes