Public Relations Manager
Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing & Business Development Officer and working in close collaboration with the Social Media Manager, the Public Relations Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the external communication of brand, product and corporate knowledge of DHC USA Inc. and its offerings across multiple touchpoints within the US market. In addition, the PR Manager will be responsible for translating the US strategy into viable global brand communications programs for international markets and managing the activities of local in-market agencies, which will execute these plans on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The PR Manager will Coordinate public and media relations efforts, including but not limited to:
- Promoting product launches and retail partnerships
- Attend and lead editor desksides and influencer events
- Create and execute with Social Media Manager digital and social media initiatives
- Promote DHC's social cause events and promotions
- Assist CMO in the execution of brand communications objectives to maximize earned media coverage across all national, regional, and social media channels
- Develop, lead and implement external marketing, communications and branding programs that align to brand direction and support long-term corporate strategy.
- Support the CMO and marketing team with agency, media and department initiatives and activities.
- Lead and direct external US and EU public relations agencies, providing direction and overseeing execution of all communications programs. Lead and participate in regular update calls.
- Develop and execute support PR activity for product and event marketing.
- Develop and manage Public Relations budget, calendar and marketing task list to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget and with existing resources.
- Oversee execution of external press materials and internal reporting for company-wide initiatives, including assessment of KPI’s.
- Oversee DHC’s makeup artist program including artist and agency outreach and networking, credit and mailing management.
- Act as spokesperson for the organization across all forms of media with the approval of the president and the board of directors.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation capabilities, can communicate easily both upward and laterally.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Independent thinker, values the capabilities and work quality of a team, has a strong understanding of internal and external needs/priorities.
- Self-starter, action-oriented, resourceful, can take a project or program from start to completion with limited resources.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and juggle many projects at once.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Three (3) to five (5) years of public relations experience required. Digital and social media outreach is a must. Beauty industry experience strongly preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Will need knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites, including Excel, and project management software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to travel, domestic and international, up to 20% of time may be expected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel for period of up to four hours at a time. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=dhcusa&ccId=19000101_000001.
Retail Sales Brand Manager
DHC is seeking to fulfill a newly created role of Retail Sales Brand Manager responsible for identifying, creating and implementing compelling strategies for acquiring new national and regional retail accounts to elevate the DHC Brand in the US and Europe marketplaces. This position is also responsible for developing and rolling out scalable initiatives for DHC's existing retail channels to facilitate continual growth and Brand recognition. The Retail Sales Brand Manager is responsible for driving key metrics, like sales Return on Investment (ROI), through each step of the sales process. Opportunity management, recognizable sales channels and forecasting are vital.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Business Functional Results
- Identify, create and champion brand strategy and brand building efforts in new market places, as well as service and develop strategies within our existing customer base across the US and Europe
- Proven ability to obtain product evaluation with key national retailers
- Responsible for expanding and strengthening existing customer relationships
- Demonstrated ability in preparing and delivering sales presentation to national accounts
- Review retail sales goals and implement strategy to reach goals; work with internal and external customers regarding sales issues; regular review/evaluation of customer account sales orders
- Participate in the development of seasonal marketing plans for key retail partners
- Achieve assigned quantitative and qualitative sales goals and company imperatives
- Create and conduct sales presentations
- Identify cross-selling opportunities to expand Brand recognition
- Plan and execute in-store consumer marketing initiatives for retail partners
- Continually seek incremental volume opportunities in existing accounts, as well as develop new sales opportunities
- Collaborate with CRO to create, develop and implement sales strategy for individual accounts
- Track and meet budgeted sales targets by category; partnering with the CRO and Corporate Management to ensure priorities are identified and deadlines set to meet the desired results
- Create, implement and monitor sale benchmarks such as written sales, average sale, traffic, and staffing where applicable; provide department analysis reporting percentages and volume on a monthly basis
- Maintain and foster better relationships with counterparts, customer accounts and key customer figures
- Collaborate with the CRO in the creation and execution of the annual strategic business plan
- Build relationships with Vendors, Brokers and communicate with external and internal customer contacts on a regular basis to ensure high-level of customer satisfaction is maintained
- Accountable to provide on-going and on-request reports to internal and external customers
- Interface with multiple departments across the organization to ensure customer requirements are managed accordingly
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Seek and engage the Team members for their insight on plans and proposed projects; provide sales team leadership with timely updates as required; support and develop staff or contracted personnel; maintaining sales quotas and developing goals
- Participate in the hiring of staff or contracted services, administering performance reviews, and applying disciplinary actions as necessary
- Participate, develop and coordinate product education and training to increase customer’s knowledge and familiarity with the DHC Brand products
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- At least eight (8) years of related sales experience with strong customer focus
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance or related field required
- Must have a minimum four (4) years of experience managing people and/or retail related projects
- Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
- Exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Products for communication and presentation
- Ability to use company information systems
- Experience within the Health and Beauty industry preferred
- Ability to travel as required, both within the US and Europe
No agencies please! Sorry, we are not able to provide sponsorship. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=dhcusa&ccId=19000101_000001