Job Title: General Counsel and Secretary
Summary: The General Counsel & Secretary is expected to uphold our values and high standards and is responsible for managing all legal aspects of the Company while mitigating legal risks. Reporting to the President, the General Counsel & Secretary will provide guidance across a broad spectrum of legal disciplines including general corporate matters, contracts, international distribution agreements, privacy, ecommerce, advertising, trademarks and copyrights, unauthorized resellers, employment issues and human resources, as well as litigation and disputes. This position will report to the President and supervise the Human Resources Manager and Regulatory Affairs Specialist
- Oversee and manage all legal affairs for the Company in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom and the European Union
- Review, improve, draft, negotiate, and provide stakeholder guidance for transactional documents, professional service agreements, distribution agreements, statements of work, leases, SOPs, training programs, corporate polices, and such other documents and agreements that may be necessary for the Company and, when necessary, perform same for Company’s parent company
- Oversee and manage all regulatory compliance including creating and maintaining current versions of all ecommerce related policies such as website privacy policies and terms and conditions, reviewing content of catalog, website, and collateral for advertising claims, crafting policies and procedures to comply with privacy laws domestically and internationally, including the California Privacy Act and GDPR in the European Union, and overseeing compliance with product ingredient and labeling regulations
- Manage the Company’s trademark and copyright portfolios and trademark enforcement
- Oversee insurance and risk management program and employee benefits
- Create and conduct employee trainings on FDA and FTC regulations, advertising compliance and privacy
- Oversee and manage the Company’s anti-product diversion program to eliminate and/or minimize unauthorized sellers
- Approve new products suitability for intended global markets
- Select and manage global outside counsel in litigation, health and safety, intellectual property, employment, regulatory and other such matters as may be required and, when necessary, manage same for Company’s parent company
- As Secretary, maintain the corporate records for the Company including records of the Annual Meetings
- Day to day management of the legal department
- Supervise the Human Resources Manager and Regulatory Affairs Specialist
- Other duties, projects and responsibilities as may be assigned
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree and J.D. and active California or Pennsylvania bar membership (as applicable)
- At least 5 years experience as a practicing attorney, in-house experience preferred but not essential.
- Experience in the cosmetics industry and with the FDA a plus
- Strong analytical skills required and MBA or Financial background a plus
- Hands-on self-starter with the desire to be a problem solver, adviser, and active participant in the business
- Excellent business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while also thinking strategically and providing practical advice
- Excellent people skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Experience counseling and training business persons with no legal background
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Ability to handle multiple legal matters simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including demonstrated ability to create useful business documents and presentations in plain English
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=dhcusa&ccId=19000101_000001 . You must include your salary expectation in order to be considered. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No agencies please!