Last Updated January 9, 2018
Types of Information Collected by DHC
DHC collects personal information you provide during your interaction with the site and also other information that is gathered by various technologies when you visit the site.
What kind of personal information does DHC collect?
- Email address
- Billing and shipping addresses
- Phone number
- Credit card information
- Birth month
What kind of other information about your visits to our site does DHC collect?
- Browser information
- Information collected via the site through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Pages visited on the site
- Number of visits to the site
- Your IP address
Uses of Information by DHC
How does DHC use personal information?
- To process and fulfill your order and send you emails regarding the status of your order
- To communicate with you and send you information about promotions, offers, products, contest and the latest trends in skincare and beauty
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences
- To enhance your shopping experience
- To help analyze trends, demographics and statistics
- To contact you, if necessary
DHC may also combine your personal information with other information or information from other sources in order to improve our marketing programs, send you DHC offers, promotions and other marketing information, better serve our customers as a whole and analyze and evaluate marketing initiatives.
How does DHC use other information?
- To improve on our marketing efforts
- To evaluate and analyze the use of the site
- To support our web analytics
- To ensure the site is working properly
- To remember you and maintain items in your Shopping Bag
- To research customer demographics, interests and behaviors
Sharing of Personal and Other Information
DHC cares about your privacy and values the trust that you put in us. We take steps to limit how we share your personal information and share it only in the following ways:
- With Our Service Providers: DHC uses third-parties to handle various parts of transactions due to their expertise, resources and/or infrastructure. They may help us with things like processing payments, providing online chats, providing analysis and recommendations for marketing campaigns, managing product reviews, sending emails and eblasts or provide other consulting services. Our contracts specify that the contractors must also maintain the security and privacy of your information and use it only for the specific purposes of the contract.
- With Other Marketers: We may share your name, postal address, and summary purchase information with other merchants and merchant exchanges. Other merchants may, in turn, use this information to send you offers for their products and services. Your information will only be used if it is submitted by more than one marketer. If you don't want this information shared with these merchants and exchanges, simply write to us at: DHC, Attention: DO NOT SHARE, 5021 Louise Drive, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055.
- With Law Enforcement or Emergency Response: We may disclose your personal information if we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to DHC or to others. We may also disclose your personally identifiable information when we believe the law requires it.
- As Part of a Sale or Merger: DHC may also transfer your personal and other information to any successor to all or substantially all of the business or assets of DHC.
In connection with receiving marketing services, we allow some of our third party service providers to collect other information about your visit to our site, like pages visited, length of visit, and whether purchases were made, using technologies outlined below. Those third parties use the information to tailor advertisements to you when you visit other websites or for other general marketing purposes. Please see the section: How do I stop tracking? below for more information on tracking and options for stopping tracking.
DHC uses pixel tags and cookies to recognize you when you return to our website and when you use our website, and to collect information about your visit. A cookie is a file stored on your computer or browser by a website to give you a unique ID. A cookie generated by our website contains only an alpha numeric ID that allows you to retrieve certain information on our site. For example, while on our site if you leave your shopping basket to look for other items, the cookie allows for the storage of the selected items in the basket. Cookies help us provide you with the information you need and make it easier for you to use our site. A pixel tag or web beacon is a graphic image or small string of code that enables the transfer of data. Pixel tags can be used for reporting website traffic, whether email was opened, customer preferences, advertising effectiveness and general auditing. DHC uses pixel tags to transfer data such as information about purchases, interactions with marketing emails, and site usage history (but not your name or payment information). This data may be provided to third parties on a confidential basis for purposes of data analysis, providing a specific service and/or determining advertising effectiveness.
If you don't like cookies, you can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. For instructions, look at your browser's Help menu. Note that certain features of the DHC site may not be available if you delete or reject cookies.
How do I access or change my personal information?
You can log in to your online account at any time to access, update or change your personal information. You can also call our Customer Care Center at 1.800.DHC.CARE (342-2273) and one of our Customer Care Advisors can assist you.
How do I opt out?
You can opt out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link on any promotional emails that we send you or by logging in to your online account and updating your communication preferences. Please note that you will continue to receive emails from us regarding your purchases such as order confirmation and shipping updates.
How do I stop tracking?
At this time, our website does not honor Do Not Track requests. However, DHC only tracks your activity on our website for internal purposes and for completing your transactions.
For third party tracking on our site, you may opt out by visiting the following pages:
|Network Advertising Initiative||www.networkadvertising.org|
|Digital Advertising Alliance||www.aboutads.info/choices/|
|Google Analytics for Display Advertising||www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/|
|Amazon’s Advertising Platform||www.amazon.com/gp/dra/info|
Individual websites may also offer their own opt-out methods for interest-based advertising and similar services. Please note that by opting out, you will not stop receiving online ads. Opting out means that you will no longer be delivered ads tailored to your preferences and web usage from the companies from which you opted out.
Security of Your Information
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software which encrypts the information you input. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing using SSL encryption software. All credit card processing is PCI compliant.
We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign out when you finish using a shared computer. Please keep in mind that no security safeguards or standards are guaranteed to provide 100% security. You should always use appropriate self-protection measures and practice safe browsing on all websites.
Links to Third Party Websites
DHC takes special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. While our website is a general audience site, DHC products are not intended for children under the age of 13 and our marketing and website are not geared towards that age group.
Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any personal information to anyone online. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children's online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children's access to the web.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties for direct marketing purposes. The notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: DHC Privacy & Legal Department, 5021 Louise Drive, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055. Please allow thirty days for a response.