Join the DHC Team
With our global headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, DHC continues best-in-class beauty practices in the United States with our warehouse and customer care center residing in Mechanicsburg, PA. Here our team of diverse and talented individuals come together to help people everywhere discover their own brand of beauty.
DHC is proud to offer all eligible employees:
Employee Discount Program
Generous time-off plan
Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care)
Employee Assistance Program
401(k) savings plan with employer matching
A comprehensive Health & Wellness plan that includes medical, dental and vision benefits.
We're always looking to bring great talent to our evergrowing team. Interested in working for us? View all of our available openings. All available openings listed by an external source (ADP).
DHC USA CALIFORNIA APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE
EFFECTIVE DATE / LAST UPDATED: 6/28/2023
This Notice describes how DHC USA, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “DHC”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collect and use personal information about you in connection with your application for employment with DHC under California law. It applies to all current and former applicants and candidates who are residents of the State of California. This Notice also provides any required notice at collection. See Section 7, below, for information about certain rights California residents have. This Notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services.
In this Notice, “personal information” refers to any information that relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked (directly or indirectly) with an identifiable individual. Personal information that may be considered “sensitive” under California law is described as “sensitive personal information.”
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- Identifiers, such as your name, title, mailing addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, reference contact information, nationality/visa status, proof of eligibility to work, details of any work permit application, or related information to verify your employment eligibility;
- Demographic information, including your date of birth, country of residence, place of birth, and language and time zone preferences;
- Professional or employment-related information, including information about your qualifications, experience, references, resumes or curriculum vitae, languages spoken, visa status, information collected as part of the background check process (such as criminal records, employment history, education and licensing, driving history, and drug screening), salary history, desired salary, work history, professional memberships, and any other information that you tell us about yourself or provide to us in documents with your application;
- Education information, including institutions you have attended, your level of education, professional licenses you hold, or trainings or certifications you have received;
- Inferences, such as an assessment of your interests, strengths, capabilities, potential, preferences, and other characteristics; and
- Device, Internet, or other network activity information, including information related to your use of and interactions with websites and portals to submit job applications.
- Government identification numbers (e.g., tax identification and social security numbers) and copies of identification documents (e.g., passport, driver’s license, social security, state identification cards, etc.);
- Demographic information and protected classifications under the law, including your age, gender identity, citizenship, citizenship or immigration status, race or ethnicity, veteran’s status, trade union membership, criminal convictions and offenses, or disability status; and
- Health or medical information, such as screening for controlled substances, and, if applicable, information about physical and mental health conditions, disabilities, and other health issues relevant to your work environment or working practices.
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- Decisions related to your application and employment, including communicating with you, assessing your skills, and making decisions about your candidacy and suitability for a position; managing and making decisions regarding offers (including terms, job duties, salary and compensation); maintaining contact information; managing equal opportunities, diversity, and inclusion; and providing travel arrangements.
- Other business purposes, including conducting audits, compliance investigations, analytics, studies, and surveys (e.g., to review and understand our diversity efforts), and for education, training, and development purposes.
- Security, health, and safety, including ensuring the physical safety of our facilities, resources, employees, contractors, customers, and others; managing access to our buildings and facilities; securing and managing access to our systems, computers, servers, applications, data, resources, equipment, and communications; monitoring compliance with our policies; and preventing and investigating fraud, misconduct, malicious software distribution, theft, and other illegal activities.
- Compliance with legal obligations, including recordkeeping, complying with union and employment law obligations, verifying that you are legally permitted to work in the U.S., and complying with or responding to court orders, subpoenas, or requests from a regulator, government agency, investigatory body, law enforcement, or another authority.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Within the DHC family of companies, including with internal personnel and with our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- With our vendors and service providers, including companies that help us with recruiting, assessing candidates, hosting job postings and application portals, processing applications, human resources administration, background checks, and support services; professional advisors (such as attorneys, auditors, accountants, and financial advisors); professional services consultants (such as firms that perform analytics, assist with improving our business, or provide project-based resources and assistance); security vendors; and IT vendors;
- Where required by law, to protect DHC or other persons, or to meet our legal obligations, including sharing with government agencies, to comply with mandatory reporting, with law enforcement or authorities in connection with security or safety matters, or to defend or pursue legal claims. In some cases, it may not be possible to notify you of this kind of sharing in advance;
- To a buyer or other successor to all or part of our business, including if DHC sells, transfers, merges, consolidates, reorganizes all or any part of its business or assets, or if DHC merges with, acquires, or forms a joint venture with any other business. Information may be among the assets transferred to a prospective buyer, new owner, or other third party involved in the change.
- RETENTION PERIOD
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS - REQUESTS ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION AND YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
- CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
- CONTACTING US
DHC collects and stores some or all of the following personal information about you as part of your application:
DHC collects and stores some or all of the following sensitive personal information about you as part of your application and to the extent required or permitted by law:
DHC collects the information listed above directly from you. We also collect this information from other third parties, such as past employers, background check providers, credit reference agencies, drug screening providers, employment agencies, the government, and recruiters. We may also receive information from outside application platforms and social media sources (such as LinkedIn). We may collect information automatically, such as by conducting analytics on websites and portals through which we collect applications.
DHC will process each of the above categories of personal information as permitted by law and for the purposes listed below:
We use sensitive personal information for reasonably expected purposes in connection with your application, in connection with your requests, or as authorized by law. We may use de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose, unless prohibited by law.
We may share each of the above categories of personal information with the entities described in this Notice:
We may also share personal information with other entities as we may notify you from time to time. We do not sell your personal information or share/disclose your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising.
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your personal information is no longer secure, please immediately notify us at email@example.com.
We will retain information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purposes for which we obtained it. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include the time needed to evaluate your application and fill our open positions, as well as our legal obligations. If you aren’t offered a position with us, we may retain your application information to consider you for other opportunities at DHC.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request to access, correct, or delete personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions set out in applicable laws. To submit a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not discriminate against you because you exercise any of these rights.
We will verify your identity before we act on your request. The verification steps may vary depending on the request and the personal information. You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. We may require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so, and we may need to verify your identity directly. We may deny certain requests or fulfill a request only part based on our legal rights and obligations. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your request, you may submit a formal appeal by email to email@example.com.
This Notice may be amended from time to time at DHC’s discretion. You will be notified of any material changes to this Notice as required by law.
For any questions or concerns you have about this Notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.